Tuesday, December 2, 2014

life experiences, Fiction Genre and Nonfictional Genre

Douglas Thayer wrote a fictional novel representing a teenage boys LDS experience. In his novel “Will Wonders Never Cease” it helps others who read it have an outlet of LDS experience. Douglas Thayer is able to show how the boy feels like. He was able to show the struggle it showed. In the struggle he was able to “allows for the candor and honesty to be openly received (at least in most cases)” as Lizzy Sainsbury said. The Book Douglas Thayer had written helped express or come in common with some of our views. It became much more common to our life although it was fiction. Lizzy Sainsbury also had said that the book “relate to similar feelings in a safe way”. I think that it is a safe way to express feelings openly. I think it helps others relate as well.


Representing LDS experiences with fiction is a great way to pop out of your comfort zone about the feelings of the experience. I think that the fiction in the story helps release your feelings in a bigger way or that you may be able to exaggerate with certain LDS topics or experiences with a fiction novel. Thayer presents different scenarios that would be much more of a conflict to let out if it was nonfictional. I think that Thayer is a great example as he presents those difficult ways in his fictional novel. It helps the relationship with the reader and Thayer become more in common about what they feel.


As I read other experiences through the nonfictional genres I noticed I enjoyed the fiction genre more. I enjoyed that Thayer expressed or overstated more thoughts on a certain area of the experience he presented. It helped me relate in a way to the story. I liked that the fiction conveyed a lot of troubles that a nonfictional experience might not look at. I have enjoyed reading the fiction experience that Doug Thayer has written.




1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Writing a fiction novel opens discussion with so many different people!

    ReplyDelete