Friday, December 5, 2014

The Blueprint For Sharing


1.     My good friend,  KF. She got close to getting baptized while I was gone on my mission, but eventually didn’t go through with it. I think she would appreciate my personal essay that describes a little bit what I went through on my mission, and hopefully touch her.

2.     A member in our Ward, SG. She runs a pretty popular instagram account called Mormon Faces. I would like to share the playlist of the videos with her and try to get our project featured on this account to reach close to 6000 people.

3.     One of my favorite teachers, Mr. S. He was my AP US History teacher when I was a junior in High School, and he was my favorite teacher. I also nominated him and he came to a Youth Church Awards ceremony for teachers. He was always supportive of my mission, and I think he would like to read a short essay about my experiences.

4.     My other favorite teacher and golf coach, Mr. T. I knew him all 4 years in high school and spent a lot of time outside of school with him. He is a part of a part-member family, as his wife and daughter are members of the Church. He knows a lot about the Church and missions, and I would like to share my essay with him.

5.     My good friend, TB. He has been my best friend for a long time, and we were able to get him to take a couple of the missionary lessons before I left on my mission, and he knows our beliefs pretty well. He also went to Africa for 2 weeks to do a church like mission, so I think he would enjoy reading my essay about me serving in Africa.

6.     My little brother, KB. I think he would enjoy Krista Beatie’s because he himself pretty soon will be receiving his mission call. I think it would be cool for him to get a kind of insight of the feelings that come with receiving a mission call and opening one as well.

7.     My roommate, PW. His life has been affected by suicide, so I think it would be good for him to read Ryan Well’s essay, which talks about his grandmother and suicide. This could lead to a better emotional connection with my roommate and a very constructive open conversation amongst us. It could really help him with his past experiences and find hope.

1 comment:

  1. It's cool that you feel like you have connections with some of your teachers from high school. I bet that they always enjoy hearing from students, so that seems like a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete