Monday, December 15, 2014

Sharing Time


Christmas is the one time of year when we all get to slow down, even if just for a moment, to spend time with our loved ones and to share beautiful messages about our faith in Christ. During this time of the year, people become more sensitive and more willing to listen about the Savior.
Then, since my personal essay is about my conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I thought I would share my essay with specific Facebook friends who are not members of the church, and of course with the other six people I mentioned in my action plan.
Sometimes our own fears and feelings stand in the way to share about our faith but since Christmas it’s approaching, I though it would be a great opportunity. So, I did! I started out making a point about the true meaning of Christmas, which often gets lost in all the craziness of the season and how it’s very important that we share the love we have for others. Then, I introduced that getting to know Christ could be a life changing experience for everyone, and that I had my own story! So, I knew I had their attention to share my essay and video. It was a beautiful experience!
Sharing a Christian experience was a wonderful idea to invite others to come to Christ during this holiday season. I feel like sharing a gift that matters such as a life changing testimony could be more meaningful that a Christmas postcard that everyone throws away.

Seeing Christmas as a sharing time helped me to share my faith with others and to re-connect with people who are precious to me and whom I have not seen in a very long time. As a result, some of my friends thanked me for sharing such a personal message and of course some others such as my sister, who are not active in the church have not responded yet; but I am they know that Christ is the true gift of the season.   

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! I was pretty nervous to share as well but Christmas is the perfect time to share a personal testimony of Christ and his importance

    ReplyDelete