Monday, December 8, 2014

Strengthening Bonds

  1.           My brother about whom I wrote my essay, and his wife.  He is studying medicine in North Carolina and I do not get to talk to or see him as often as I would like.  However, he will be coming to Utah next weekend and will be staying with me for a few days.  I think that sharing my essay with him face to face could create some nice brotherly bonding.
  2.       My girlfriend.  She and I have not been dating very long, and are still in the process of getting to know one another.  I think that sharing these experiences of my family and my life in Guatemala, along with the religious emphasis, with one another, will allow us to better understand each other and grow closer together. 
  3.       One of my roommates.  He and I are not very close, and he has not been attending church meetings very regularly.  However, he has been asking me for relationship advice, so I think that he is beginning to trust me more. .  I think that sharing this with him personally could allow us to get to know one another more, and also be able to bring up religious themes that will allow us to strengthen each other.
  4.       Kara, my best friend from high school.  She is not a member of the church, but she has a Book of Mormon.  She recently got in touch with me and we went to lunch in Salt Lake before her medical school interview with the University of Utah.  I think that she will enjoy Jeremy’s essay because she loves taking care of people. I will email it to her.
  5.       Guatemalan Facebook friends.  Most of them are not members of the church.  However, there are several of them that did attend church with me a few times when I lived there.  I am going to start commenting on their pictures on Facebook and message them to see how they are doing.  Then I can share my essay with them through the blog.
  6.       Mexican Facebook friends.  Most of them are recent converts or less-active members.  I taught and baptized many of them while on my mission.  I still keep in touch with many of them, mostly through Facebook messenger.  It would be fun to share my essay with them, and also send them the link to see all of the personal essays from our class.
  7.       Tere – She is a woman I taught on my mission who struggled with abuse growing up.  We have contact mainly through her children and Facebook.  However, I think that Mary Ellsworth’s essay about Herber and his outlook on life will help her so much.  I will share it to her through facebook.



1 comment:

  1. I like that you're going to share it with your Guatemalan and Mexican friends on Facebook. This is something we want to spread so sharing it with them might get them to share it with some of their friends.

    ReplyDelete