Saturday, October 18, 2014

The fig tree that saved my life

Physical Experience
-Enjoying a sunny day
-summer afternoon
-Smell of wet earth
-Playing as a child in an imaginary jungle
-The smell of the tree 
-The strength of the tree trunk that saved me
-The ability/strength in my hands that allowed me to hold the tree 
-My own desperate voice when I was calling my grandmother to help me 
-I was afraid of falling off the cliff, which was next to our neighbor house
-Warm embrace of my grandmother that rescued me from a very dangerous situation
-My hands were sweaty and my heart was beating really fast because I was frighten 
-My hair had tangled in the branches of the tree because of the movements I had to do to hold myself
-The succulent smell of hot vegetable soup that was been cooked by my grandmother for dinner

Scenes
-The beautiful big garden of my grandmother full of beautiful trees and flowers that for a child it seemed as a big jungle in which I used to play as a five year old
-The vibrant green color in my surroundings
-My grandmother cooking dinner
-I used to know my grandmother's garden very well 
-I used to come everyday to my grandmother's house where I used to play with my cousins
-I experienced the greatest memories of my childhood when my grandmother shared with me her set of tea party

Speech
-My grandmother's tone is very calm and loving she always has a good message to share and the empathy for people to engage with her audience which was usually her grandchildren
-joy of holding my grandmother who rescued me from falling off the tree
-I called my grandmother desperately to come help me: Mimi, Mimi, come help me!
-My grandmother came to rescue me: honey, take my hand, I got you! (Holding me on her arms)
-My grandmother: you have to be careful, it's very dangerous that you climb the tree, please don't do that again

Emotion in the Moment
-fear
-love
-excitement
- anxiety 
My grandmother was very worried because of me falling down the tree
Her face looked very anxious
I was very excited playing in the jungle that I enjoyed every single moment of the time I spend in the garden. 
After my incident with the fig tree, I never climb the tree anymore  because of the frighten experience I had previously

People of Consequence
My Grandmother 
Me
My Grandfather
My Parents
My Cousins

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this will be a great start on your personal essay. I think because you have so much description of the physical experience, that you can mix that with the emotion in the moment to really drive home the danger and the thankfulness that nothing happened

    ReplyDelete