Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fight for what is True

Example #1 - character:
In Alma 24, we get to know the Anti Nephi-Lehies by the decisions they make with burying their weapons of war and letting themselves get slaughtered by their brethren the Lamanites.

Just like Hailey was able to see how her mother's hands had been through so much by all the decisions she's made, the Anti Nephi-Lehies were able to make similar statements by the decision they made to bury their weapons of war.

Example #2 - plot:
In Alma 24 and 25, we read about the Lamanites coming to destroy their brethren and how the Anti Nephi-Lehies can't protect themselves and they don't have anybody to help them.

This reminds me of the Tree Trunk Trauma and how people are disoriented and don't know exactly what to do.  Things are in disarray at the moment but later things are able to be worked out.

Example #3 - dialogue:
In Alma 26, we read about Aaron rebuking Ammon saying, "Ammon, I fear that thy joy doth carry thee away unto boasting."  Ammon responds by saying, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."  Yeah, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many might miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

There is so much raw emotion in this between brothers and being able to see how much they want to help each other but don't always know the best way to say it.  In Julia's post about the coach having a disgusted look on her face and the attitudes of the other cheerleaders.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are able to connect these passages in the BoM to every day lives. For example, you relate moments of trauma to the experiences of lonliness felt by characters in your reading.

    ReplyDelete