Friday, October 17, 2014

It changed me, had I changed it?

Physical Experiences:

  • Rapid pumping from my chest, hyperventilating with gratitude and fear.
  • The bags are heavy, it feels wrong to lift them into the truck. 
  • Embracing friends who feel the confusion as I feel brings a sense of belonging and comfort. 
  • My eyes burn with yet more tears, my head throbs with exhaustion physical and mental. 
  • I float across the room taking in the view I feel so light as I look around the room to others i care so much about.
  • When my feet touch the ground my body is overcome with familiarity. 
  • Our pace quickens, my heart is begging to burst we turn the corner to have my heart swallowed with bittersweet joy, happiness and accomplishment.
  • Her hug tells me its over, there is nothing more left to do. She grasps tighter never to let go. I am relaxed with a sense of fulfillment.

Scenes:
  • The bed is empty of pillows and blankets, cluttered with a few miscellaneous items yet unclaimed.
  • The blacktop heat suffocates the air and chokes the ability to breath. Keys are absent and the suitcases are stranded in the back seat.
  • I have walked in the house so many times, yet this is as odd as it was the first time. Only familiar faces can calm the anxious heart.
  • Clean and pure in white I sit. The atmosphere is truly celestial.
  • Bags are checked and the security gate is next. Watching the ground get farther and farther in my cramped seat.
  • Mountains are in sight, the airport is as confusing as ever. People congratulating us on our arrival. 

SPEECH:
  • My voice shows pleading as I speak.
  • President Ware words always express confidence as he thanks me for my efforts.
  • We all laugh and joke but you can tell within our voices that nothing is a joke, fear is the real king at the moment.
  • Testimonies spoken express reflection and thought. 
  • “you go first” “no you go first.” “your the leaders you go first.” 
  • “Stay together, we walk out together.”
  • We would fight through tears to express love and gratitude.
Emotion In The Moment:
  • Had I done enough in my time. It had changed me, but did I change it? 
  • Tears of absolute gratitude and humility
  • The brotherhood as goodbyes are said
  • Reflection while driving to the home.
  • My heart was overflowing with joy.
  • Tears sprinted down my face as the plane took off and I left behind a world only I could comprehend.
  • Tears of joy and accomplishment as i embraced family and friends.

PEOPLE OF CONSEQUENCE:

  • President Ware
  • Members of the church
  • Companions
  • Missionaries
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Guy on the plane.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the physical experience portion of your writing. I felt that you truly got to the core of the experiences you were describing in these brief moments of literature. I could feel your connection to the experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested to know why your heart was anxious when you walked into your home, and whose familiar faces it was that calmed your heart

    ReplyDelete