Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fully Emerge


(Okay, so I was a little confused on the post for this week. This post is my tribute to Kenny Kemp's "The Welcoming Door" and the previous post is humanizing the BOM)

As I walked into the cold water a warm feeling crawled up my spine. I have been waiting for this day and I couldn’t be more prepared to take a closer step closer to my Father. I looked up into the sky and I could see him looking down on us. He had a sweet smile affirming that I was doing what I was asked of me. It seemed though as everything around me had started moving slower right before our hands had touch. In that moment I had started reflecting on my life and I was happy because I knew my father loved me. John and I had been friends and when we were together the spirit was strong. He was commanded to be the one to be apart of this important day. We looked into each other’s eyes and without saying a word he exchange a thousand messages. Closing our eyes, I listened carefully to John and an over whelming feeling came about me. I took a deep breath and then I was fully emerged into the water immediately after hearing Amen. The water felt cool on my face as I held John’s wrist tightly. John pulled me out of the water and I felt like another person. However, I was not. I was still the Christ leading by example.  


This was way harder than I thought it would be! It's not very long but this was my idea of Christ's baptism day. Simple yet necessary. 

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting idea! It's so hard to imagine what might have gone on in Christ's mind as he was baptized but I like the ideas that you have about what it may have been like. I liked that you focused on the physical aspects of baptism, as that is such a crucial part of baptism- it has to be done on earth with a body.

    ReplyDelete